Hello my lovelies!
I know I sometimes disappear because of being a little under the weather or other things along those lines, but trust me when I tell you, I disappeared for a REALLY awesome reason this time…
This is Sushi, our new dog! So technically, she resides at my grandparent’s place, but given that my family operates in a group of 6, I consider Sushi to be mine as well. Plus, we’ve bonded over plenty of walks and lots of cuddling. She is by no means a puppy at 5 years old, but she is well mannered and an absolutely perfect fit for our family. Of course, we found her by chance at the local shelter, and she was not at ALL the kind of dog we were looking for, but I think that’s the best way to find your forever pet; no judgement, just looking for the dog that gives the most love, and one that you can love unconditionally in return.
Back to the main topic at hand!
I am returning with phase 2 of an all drugstore look, this time in the neutral-but-glamorous department. ALL of the makeup products are drugstore brands, with the exception of many of my brushes, although I do have a fair amount of drugstore brushes as well. I am actually very pleased with how this look turned out, and I think it would be great for pictures, or possibly even prom!
You might notice that I have a few dry spots on my cheek and forehead area. This is because I recently had a salicylic acid peel, which causes some peeling of the skin to happen. Don’t worry, it’s not painful or anything, my skin just looks a little rough right now. As such, I used a more luminous and moisturizing foundation, as well as products that are not as mattifying. I was slightly concerned that I would be an oil ball anyway, but I was still fairly dry throughout the day because of the peel. Just letting y’all know so I don’t get yelled at for having a sunburn or something along those lines.
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the lid to brow bone area.
- Use shade one to highlight the brow bone. This shade can also be used to clean up any messy blending that occurs.
- Take shade two on a large fluffy brush, and blend through the entire crease. This will be our transition shade to help other shadows blend smoothly.
- Focus the third shadow into the outer 2/3 of the crease. Try to be very precise with the shadow. While the transition shade can extend to the lid and brow bone slightly, the third shadow should be very focused into the crease.
- Place the fourth shadow onto the outer part of the eyelid, in a “C” shape. Blend inward toward the lid slightly to create a smooth transition between the crease and outer corner, as well as the lid shade.
- Pack shade five all over the inner 2/3 of the lid, blending with the shade four very gently. You can wet this shadow if you want something more dramatic, but I planned to wear this in the day time, so I kept it a little more toned down and subtle.
- Mix shades two and three, and blend all along the entire lashline, until it is seamless.
- Blend shade four along the outer third of the lashline, connecting it up to the shadow on the outer lid.
- Highlight the inner tear duct with shadow six. If you want a more intense browbone highlight, feel free to take this up there as well.
- Line the waterline with a nude or white eyeliner. My biggest anti-aging tip is to pull down the skin with a beauty blender or brush, as tugging with your fingers will create wrinkles.
- Curl and coat your lashes, apply some drugstore falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday, and be sure to love on your pets or any animal near you!
Foundation – L’oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation “201 Classic Ivory”
Concealer – Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector “Ivory”, NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand “Porcelain”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Face Studio Master Fix Setting +Perfecting Loose Powder “Translucent”
All Over Setting Powder – Maybellline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Powder “Porcelain”
Contour – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”
Bronzer/Blush – Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette “002 Coral Glow”
Highlight – BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette
Brows – NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Ash Brown”
Eyshadow – BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette
Eyeliner – Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner “010 Nude”
Mascara – L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt Mascara
Lips – Maybelline Color Jolt Lip Paint “10 Never Bare”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own.