Hello my lovelies!
I’m going to be posting a miniseries on my skincare routine, with this first one being my daytime routine. You’ll notice that I have a mix of both affordable and high end products. This is not due to me skimping on my skincare, this is because these are all products I genuinely like for my skin. You can ALWAYS find skincare at the drugstore that is as good or better than high end.
Let’s get started:
- CLEANSER – Depending on whether I’ll wash my hair or not, I switch between two different cleansers. They both essentially do the same thing, but when I don’t wash my hair, I prefer to wash my face outside of the shower, so that I don’t get my hair all wet. I keep the Lush Cosmetics Herbalism cleanser (buy here) in my shower since it’s a little more messy, and the Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Cleanser (buy here) by my sink.
- TONER – I’ve been using toner off and on for ages, and I had started skipping this step for the past year or so. A little over a month ago, I looked up witch hazel, per my esthetician’s recommendation, and found this little gem, the Thayers Witch Hazel with Lavender (buy here). The brand has a few other scent infusions, as well as a plain one. I chose the lavender infused version, since lavender is known to be calming for redness, something I have a lot of with cystic acne. I just take a simple cotton pad, squeeze the toner on, and generously apply to my whole face and neck area, as well as my chest if I’m having any breakouts there. I am a firm believer in whatever you do to your face, you should be doing to your neck.
- TREATMENT – I use this daily to help shrink down any topical acne that I may have, which is not often, but I attribute that to this product. My favorite treatment has been the Yes To Tomatoes Daily Repair Treatment (buy here), which I blend into my entire face, neck, and chest if there are breakouts.
- EYE CREAM – Of all my day products, this is the only product that is 1) a sample size that I received for free, and 2) not exactly a product that I swear by, since I’m the type of person that switches eye creams almost every time I finish the previous one. Nonetheless, this Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm (buy here), is super nice and moisturizing, yet light for a daytime eye cream. This doesn’t make my concealer crease up or go on cakey either, so I consider that a huge bonus, and am able to use this generously for my extremely dry under eyes.
- MOISTURIZER – This is the newest product that I have introduced to my routine, so I am still in the testing phase with it. However, I really like the gel consistency of this First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel (buy here). This product has a pore filling, silicone-like texture, without being heavy or slippery on my face, and keeps oil in check. I massage this onto my entire face and neck once again.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a lovely Wednesday.
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own.